Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 greatest novels of all time/of the century

So, I love to read and my latest venture is pretty enthusiastic. I am going to work my way through two lists of books. The 1oo greatest novels of all time and the 100 greatest novels of the century. Some of them overlap, but not that many, so there are about 175 that I'm attempting to read. Very, very, slowly. I got the idea from my high school friend, Whitney Bushnell Smart's blog. She's doing the same thing. Here are the one's I've read so far and when I read them:

1. Emma by Jane Austen (high school)
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (2009)
3. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (college)
4. Wuthering Hieghts by Emily Bronte (high school)
5. Jane eyre by Charlotte Bronte (high school)
6. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (2009)
7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (college)
8. The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers
9. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
10. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
11. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
12. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
13. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
14. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
15. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
16. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
17. Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
18. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
19. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
20. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
21. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell